1. Michigan travels to the Horseshoe– It’s what we’ve been waiting for and it’s finally here. The Big Ten East has come down to one game and why not between the Ohio State Buckeyes and Michigan Wolverines? Michigan comes into this one with Wilton Speight potentially missing this game once again and I wasn’t too impressed with O’Korn. Ohio State is now back in the swing of things after losing to Penn State in October. The winner advances, the loser has a tough chance at making the playoffs.
2. Lions host Vikings in big NFC North showdown– We are entering week 12 of the season and the Packers aren’t in first place in their division. The Lions and Vikings are both tied for first place with the Lions holding the tiebreaker due to their victory over Minnesota earlier in the season. For the first time in a while, the Lions are playing a meaningful football game on Thanksgiving.
3. Cowboys look to keep rolling on Thursday– 9-1. That’s where the Cowboys sit right now and this is the longest winning streak in franchise history. Jason Garrett has done a terrific job this year. The Redskins are coming off a big win over a reeling Packers team and they are still in the race for the NFC East. Rivals will collide on Thanksgiving day.
4. Alabama hosts Auburn– My favorite thing about the final week in college football is rivalry week and we have the Iron Bowl featured in this one. Auburn and Alabama. Gus Malzahn has been the backbone of a much improved Auburn team and Alabama, well, they are still Alabama and will more than likely be in the SEC title game once again next Saturday afternoon in Atlanta.
5. Denver welcomes Kansas City to town for a Sunday night showdown– The AFC West has been highly entertaining this year. The Broncos are 7-3 despite being a much different team than what we’ve seen over the last four seasons, the Raiders are on top of the division at 8-2 and then you have the Chiefs quietly sitting at 7-3. This is a huge showdown on Sunday night when these AFC West rivals collide in Denver.