1. Alabama Crimson Tide– Nothing has changed and I don’t think you would expect anything to be different either. Last week, they showed why they simply are the best team in the nation right now. It was a defensive struggle for most of the game in Baton Rouge and they still found a way to prevail. Not only have they won the shootouts and put points on the board when they have too, they can also win the close games and that defense will keep you in the game. They are favored to win their next two ball games big and the final game of the season against Auburn could be a very interesting one.
2. Michigan Wolverines– They seem to get better by the week. The offense can light up the defense. Speight and his trio of receivers are all on the same page and the defense is still one of the very best in the country. Right now, they have such a lock on the Big Ten East with Ohio State in the rearview mirror chasing them. Tonight, they are in Iowa and this has the makings to be a trap game for Harbaugh and his boys. I think it will still be a good game overall.
3. Clemson Tigers– Last week against Syracuse was the most complete performance they’ve had as a football team all year-long. The offense did what they do and the defense finally showed some effort for an entire game. That bend but don’t break mentality is good to have and all, but you can’t always fall back on that. They have kept their undefeated season in tact and with a favorable schedule remaining, things are definitely looking up for the Tigers as we approach the end of the regular season.
4. Washington Huskies– Their offense had quite the performance last week in California. Browning threw six touchdown passes and they put up 66 points on the road. They finally got the respect and credit they deserved in the second set of college football playoff rankings as they have finally made the top four and that’s how it should have been from the get go. These Huskies keep doing what they need to do and that’s win games and they are doing it in a big way.
5. Ohio State Buckeyes– Last weekend was a very nice way for them to send a message to the entire world of college football. You talk about dominance, they shut down a pretty solid Nebraska offense and have now won two straight games since falling to Penn State a few weeks ago. They will be on the road against Maryland and Michigan State before the epic showdown with Michigan to close things out.