1. The rematch– The last time we saw the Seattle Seahawks and the New England Patriots play, it was on February 1st of 2015 in Super Bowl 49. Tom Brady had just connected with Julian Edelman on a touchdown pass that put the Patriots up by four points. Seattle drove the ball down the field and then it was the play that people still discuss: Malcolm Butler’s interception at the goal line to give New England their first Super Bowl title in a decade. A year later, they will meet for the first time since that big game. Sunday Night Football will be a really fun one to watch.
2. Oklahoma hosts Baylor– Baylor has quietly gone about business this year. They are 6-2 in a competitive Big-12 in fourth place looking up at West Virginia, Oklahoma State and their opponent this Saturday atop the conference in the Oklahoma Sooners. When they faced each other last year, Baker Mayfield had his way with the Baylor secondary and led the Sooners to a big win on the road in Waco. Now, they meet again with a lot on the line.
3. Packers look to fix their issues– The Green Bay Packers are 4-4 right now. With everyone back and healthy, everyone thought they’d simply dominate their division and be a force in the NFC. Not necessarily. They are now in third place in the NFC North with a lot of work to do. The Tennessee Titans haven’t looked as bad as many people expected them too. Mariota has played weel and DeMarco Murray looks like the guy we saw in Dallas a few years back. This one definitely intrigues me.
4. Washington hosts USC in Pac-12 showdown– Next to Michigan, I’ve been pretty high on these Washington Huskies. Last week, they dominated California behind a strong performance by Jake Browning. Six touchdown passes thrown to be exact. USC is still alive for a shot to make the conference title game. College Gameday will be on site for this on Saturday.
5. Chargers host Dolphins– I’m pumped up for this one. This game will feature two of the hottest running backs in the league right now in Jay Ajayi and Melvin Gordon. Also with the second half of the season starting up, both these teams are trying to enter themselves into the conversation of the playoff race.