1. Alabama Crimson Tide– Ten weeks in and nothing has changed. They have claimed this top spot once again and now starts the stretch run for them. They are coming off their bye week, when the first set of college football playoff rankings were released on Tuesday, of course, they sat at the top spot and now they begin the month of November with their annual showdown against LSU only this time, it’s a much improved Tigers team they’ll see and it’s in Baton Rouge.
2. Michigan Wolverines– They can do just about everything. They can blow you out and they can win the nailbiters. We saw that a few weeks ago against Wisconsin at the big house in Ann Arbor and we saw it again on Saturday when they faced Michigan State. Right now, the Big Ten East is theirs for the taking and right now, they’re sitting as the three in the College Football Playoff Rankings. Over these next few games and a potential trip to the Big Ten title game, that seeding will change in due time.
3. Washington Huskies– They continue to win, silence the doubters and make believers of those that continue to say they aren’t the real deal. Last week, they showed that they can go anywhere basically and win a game and they did it in a tough environment in Utah and escaped with a seven-point victory. I was very disappointed to find them on the outside looking in of the first set of playoff rankings. This team will be there when it’s all said and done.
4. Clemson Tigers– With the win over Florida State, not only was it their first win in Tallahassee for the first time since 2006, now, they’ve basically locked up their part of the ACC and they now control their destiny. Deshaun Watson continues to enter his name in the Heisman conversation once again and the defense showed they can make plays when it’s most needed. Look at the final drive in the Florida State game.
5. Ohio State Buckeyes– They were able to get back into the win column with a win over Northwestern. It was a tight game from start to finish and they escaped with a four-point win. This is the final month of the season and they’ll need to really win out to win the East and get to the playoffs and that would also include a win over Michigan.