1. Alabama Crimson Tide– At one point in their game last week, they were trailing. Was that the time the Crimson Tide were on upset alert? Of course not. They did what they do best and that’s regroup. They scored 20 unanswered points and just continued to remind us all why they are still the team to beat in the country. I don’t see them losing anytime soon so we can expect a zero to remain in that loss column.
2. Michigan Wolverines– As we expected them too, they cruised by Illinois and with Ohio State being upset by Penn State last Saturday night, they now have a one game lead up on their rivals in the Big Ten East. Today, they face a Michigan State team for the first time since that heartbreaking loss last year in Ann Arbor. This time, they’ll travel to East Lansing with revenge on the mind.
3. Washington Huskies– People still aren’t sold on them, but I am and every single week, they continue to live up to the hype surrounding them and win football games. They would be one of my playoff teams if the rankings were to be revealed today and these next two games will be tough for them. Both are on the road. Utah today which isn’t an easy place to play and California next week.
4. Clemson Tigers– They are off their bye week and hopefully they fixed the issues that have been looming over them all year and showed in their game against NC State. Now is arguably the biggest game in the ACC this year. They’ll travel to Tallahassee to face a Florida State team who’s also coming off their bye week and with a win, we can just pretty much pencil Clemson in for the playoffs.
5. Louisville Cardinals– They are back in my top five. What more can we say about Lamar Jackson? He just continues to put his handprints and footprints on a Heisman-esqe season. He accounted for four first-half touchdowns against NC State which is a school record. They could still get into the playoffs. It’s possible. They would just need help.