1. Cowboys host Eagles for a Sunday night showdown– Whoever imagined the Dallas Cowboys would be sitting at 5-1 and the winners of five straight without Tony Romo. We saw how poorly they played last season without him and I think many expected them to struggle again. Dak Prescott and Ezekiel Elliott have put this team on their backs and carried them. The Eagles are coming off their biggest win of the season. They defeated Sam Bradford and the previously unbeaten Vikings. This could be the beginning of a nice quarterback rivalry between Prescott and Carson Wentz.
2. Florida State hosts Clemson– I remember telling a few of my radio associates that this is one of, if not, the best rivalry in all of college football right now and I said that because whenever they meet, something is always on the line and that’s the type of football you have to love. Clemson has not looked like a team that went to the national championship game last season and as I said a few weeks ago, they remind me a lot of the Ohio State team from last year that was barely sliding by to victories. Florida State hasn’t been the team that many expected them too, but they can pull off a major upset with Clemson in town on Saturday night.
3. Bills host Brady– When they last met, it was in week four and the Bills recorded the shutout. That was without Tom Brady on the field as he was serving the final game of his four-game suspension so Rex shouldn’t be too happy this time around because this will be a much different looking Patriots offense coming to town that’s 100 percent healthy. The Bills had a nice winning streak of their own prior to last Sunday when it was snapped in Miami. The games are always relatively close when they meet with each other. We could see the same thing on Sunday.
4. Wisconsin hosts Nebraska– Anytime I think Wisconsin will lose a game, they silence me and end up winning and now, they are clicking especially since they’ve got Corey Clement the ball more and he had a huge game last week against the Iowa Hawkeyes. I’m looking forward to seeing this Nebraska team. With quite a few undefeated teams remaining, they’re quietly going about business and haven’t lost a game either. This should be a really interesting battle in Madison on Saturday.
5. Packers travel to Georgia Dome– Aaron Rodgers threw the football 56 times on Thursday against the Bears. For them to get to the Super Bowl, they need that balance and a consistent running game and they need to make sure Aaron isn’t throwing it as much as he is but that’s hard to do when Lacy is out with an injury once again. The Falcons have lost their last two games after a surprising 4-1 start and last week’s loss was a tough one. They had a 17 point lead on Sunday and blew it.
6. Jimmy Graham returns to Seattle– It was shocking news when the Saints decided to trade Jimmy Graham. He had so much success with Drew Brees and they became one of the best tandems together in the NFL. This Sunday, he’ll be back in New Orleans but this time as a visitor.