1. Penn State upsets Ohio State– Here’s the thing about the game of football: anyone can be beaten on any given day and that statement couldn’t be any truer than what we saw in Pennsylvania on Saturday night. Coming into the game, Penn State was a very big underdog, a 19.5 point underdog at that. Ohio State’s issues from the prior week in Madison I feel caught up to them on Saturday night and it showed. James Franklin finally got his biggest win since taking the job as the Penn State head coach.
2. Eagles hand Vikings their first loss– The Vikings were rolling prior to their bye week as winners of five in a row and the Eagles had won their first three games and lost their last two along with Carson Wentz showing that he’s human after all. Sunday, the Eagles gave Sam Bradford quite the homecoming. He was sacked a total of six times and the Vikings turned the ball over a total of four times. With the Eagles win on Sunday, there are no teams that are undefeated now.
3. Falcons blow a 17 point lead– When you have a big lead, you don’t get comfortable. You keep playing until the game was out of reach. We’ve seen this story with the Falcons before. They always start the season well then hit a bump in the road. They were up by 17 against San Diego yesterday and blew the lead which would send the game to overtime. I like and then again I don’t like Dan Quinn’s decision to go for it on fourth down. My reason for liking it is because he’s showing his aggressive side and the reason why I question it is because he gave the ball back to a Chargers offense that can really move the ball down the field with good field position.
4. Seahawks and Cardinals end in a tie– These two know each other very well. What they didn’t know to do was find the end zone on Sunday. It was a defensive struggle and that’s my type of football but those of you who know me really well know I can’t stand games that end in ties and that’s what we got.
5. Brady continues his dominance against the Steelers– I remember seeing this game on the schedules in April and I immediately said to myself, this could be a preview of the AFC title game in January. Since returning from the suspension, Tom Brady continues to just roll through his opponents and play with that vengeance we all expected him too. With the win on Sunday, he continued his success against the Steelers in his career.