1. Minnesota Vikings– As of now, Mike Zimmer is the coach of the year. He loses Bridgewater to a torn ACL before the season starts and there’s no Adrian Peterson either. Without those two, the Vikings are the last unbeaten team standing at 5-0, their best start since 2009 and it’s been a team effort. It hasn’t been just one guy, it’s been a collective effort. Bradford is comfortable and defensively, Xavier Rhodes is establishing himself as one of the best corners in the game. I’m really liking what I’m seeing from them and how they’re shutting teams down.
2. New England Patriots– He’s back! Tom Brady didn’t miss a beat last week when he made his season debut in Cleveland and the revenge tour officially started. They are the favorites now to represent the AFC in the Super Bowl and now the duo of Brady and Belichick are back together.The Patriots front seven has been their strength so far this season, it’s their secondary that’s struggled to prevent big plays from being given up. Inspired by Belichick himself, it’s onto the Cincinnati Bengals.
3. Pittsburgh Steelers– They just continue to roll and roll to more victories. They’re 4-1 and atop the division with the Ravens and Bengals in the rearview. Le’Veon Bell makes this offense more dynamic because of his ability to be used all over the field whether he be in the backfield or lined up as a receiver. Ben spreads the ball around really well and with a win Sunday in Miami, they will be 5-1 heading into their game against the Patriots in week seven. That could easily be considered an AFC title game preview.
4. Atlanta Falcons– It’s time to become believers in the Atlanta Falcons. They’re 4-1, they beat both Super Bowl representatives in back to back weeks and Matt Ryan has taken tremendous care of the football. The tandem of Freeman and Coleman have stepped it up, Julio is still Julio and the defense is much improved. Vic Beasley has shown why he was their first round draft pick in 2016. Another week, another tough opponent in Seattle this afternoon. If they can somehow pull off this win today, I’ll be even more convinced.
5. Seattle Seahawks– They should be very well rested and ready to go after the early bye week. Against the Jets, the offense looked like it was back. Jimmy Graham is being used a little bit more, the running game got a spark with C.J. Spiller and the defense picked off Ryan Fitzpatrick three times. What’s a better way to return from the bye to face another first place team that’s simply rolling right now?