1. Deshaun Watson and Lamar Jackson to battle– The Louisville Cardinals and the Clemson Tigers both have two of the best quarterbacks in the country on Saturday night, we’ll get a treat as we get to see them both square off against each other. This is a huge ACC showdown and the winner of this game I feel has the best shot of becoming a playoff team and the loser will suffer greatly and be in a big hole with one loss.
2. Vikings host Giants on Monday night– The Vikings are playing great football right now and they’re coming off victories over Green Bay at home and Carolina on the road. Now, they return home for a Monday night showdown with the New York Giants. The Giants are coming off a tough loss and we finally saw them get the offensive game going and the defense showed they were human after all last week against the Redskins. They’ll look to bounce back under the primetime lights .
3. Wisconsin travels to the big house– I was definitely surprised by the Wisconsin Badgers on Saturday. They entered that game against Michigan State with so many questions surrounding their offense and was Alex Hornibrook the answer for Paul Chryst moving forward? They shocked a lot of people, myself included and got a statement victory against a good Michigan State team. Now, they have their next test. A battle at the big house against Jim Harbaugh’s Michigan Wolverines. This will be an entertaining battle of more Big Ten football.
4. Stanford faces Washington– There are three top ten battles taking place in college football this weekend and here’s another one and I can’t wait for it all. Stanford is rolling right now behind the running of Christian McCaffrey and a pretty stingy Cardinal defense. I’ve liked what I’ve seen from the Huskies this year and they have quite the offense. If you think that stadium will be rocking for Seahawks games, just imagine how loud it will be for this game on Friday night.
5. Ravens host up and coming Raiders– I’ve said this for many years and I’ll continue to say it, but, being healthy does make all the difference and you’ve seen that with the Baltimore Ravens so far. Flacco is back, Forsett brings the balance they need and the defense hasn’t been too bad either. The biggest positive of the Ravens offense has been the addition of Mike Wallace and it’s good to see him being used the correct way compared to what we saw in Miami and Minnesota. The Raiders. They’ve won two games on the road many miles away from California and last week’s win, they had to grind it out to be victorious. Let’s see if they can do that again in Baltimore.