1. Carolina Panthers– They just seem to get better and better by the week. Right now, Cam Newton is my league MVP. The Panthers have won 15 games in a row dating back to last year. Their offense is clicking but let’s not forget about their defense. They led the league in takeaways and defensive scoring. With a win today and a Falcons loss, the Panthers will clinch the NFC South for the third straight season.
2. New England Patriots– All season long, they’ve been number one. I’m not going to count them out like some people are. Yes, they’ve lost Lewis for year, Edelman to a broken foot and Gronk with a bruised bone in his knee, but they still have #12 under center. I expect Blount to be the focal point of the offense without Gronk there for the time being. This is still the class of the AFC. Nobody is better at bouncing back after a loss than the New England Patriots.
3. Denver Broncos– You talk about quality victories, they handed New England their first loss of the year and this has been a much different team with Brock Osweiler under center than it was with Peyton Manning. But as Brock would say, the Denver Broncos are 2-0, not Brock Osweiler. The offense has taken care of the football, they’re establishing the run more consistently and the defense will get back to its dominance soon.
4. Arizona Cardinals– With a win today, the Cardinals will have won ten games for the third straight season. The last time that happened was 1974-76 when they were in St. Louis. This team is so deep and I see them making a very nice run when January comes around.
5. Cincinnati Bengals– They finally snapped the two game losing streak and got back to the basics, especially on defense. When Geno Atkins is dominating the line of scrimmage, this defense is scary good. Andy Dalton has loved throwing the football over the middle of the field. He’s completed 72 percent of his passes, holds an 11-1 TD-INT ratio and a 95.4 QB rating when throwing between the numbers.