1. Michigan State stuns Ohio State– Ohio State entered with a perfect mark and they haven’t looked their best at all this season. Michigan State was poised to win this game on the road and the inconsistencies of Ohio State throughout the season finally caught up with them. Sparty was the better team all game long. Their front seven dominated Ohio State’s offensive front, they took Elliott away and took the deep pass down the field away. Tuesday night will be a very interesting night to say the least. What a win by Sparty in a tough environment.
2. Panthers improve to 10-0– They continue to silence the critics and they keep winning and as of now, the road to the Super Bowl in the NFC will travel through Charlotte. Cam Newton is playing at such a high level right now and the Panthers are playing excellent football. Cam had a career day throwing five touchdown passes and the defense is still one of the best all around units in all of football. For the first time in franchise history, the Panthers are 10-0.
3. Brock Osweiler wins NFL debut– Peyton Manning was out and Brock Osweiler was in. For the first time all season long, the Broncos offense looked how it was supposed too from the beginning. They finally scored an offensive touchdown in the first quarter but most importantly, they took care of the football. Their defense also got back to how they looked from the start of the season. They were physical, aggressive and they got a takeaway. A huge win for thee Broncos and next it’s a showdown with New England.
4. Cowboys win in Romo’s return– The Cowboys lost their last seven games after Tony Romo went down with his broken collarbone. You immediately saw the difference when he stepped onto the field. The offense just simply clicked and they looked like themselves. Tony Romo is the heart and soul of their offense and that was seen. Though they are 3-7, the Cowboys are still very much so alive in the NFC East.
5. Winston has big day in Philadelphia– It seems like every week Jameis Winston is improving and learning more and more. This was simply a team win and a complete victory. Jameis threw five touchdown passes and Doug Martin just ran all over the Eagles defense. The Eagles have struggled all season long and this may have been their worst performance of the season.
6. Packers snap losing streak– Coming into this game, I stated that this would be their most important stretch of games this season. Minnesota on Sunday, the Bears on Thanksgiving night and in Detroit next Thursday. That’s three straight divisional games. The Packers got back to the basics against the Vikings. They ran the ball, the offensive line did its job up front and Rodgers and the receivers were all on the same page. What impressed me was their defense and how they took away Adrian Peterson away and made Bridgewater beat them. That’s a huge win to save their season.