1. Baylor hosts Oklahoma– I’ve dubbed this month of November “Statement month” for the Big 12. There are so many key games that will determine and possibly break some teams chances of getting into the College Football Playoff. Oklahoma has put together such a special season with Baker Mayfield who I feel is a candidate for the Heisman trophy. Baylor is still rolling even without Seth Russell under center. This will be the marquee game of the week and will determine a lot moving forward.
2. Rex returns to East Rutherford– Rex Ryan stayed in the division for this reason and this reason only. To get a shot at the Jets nor the first time since being fired by the green and white, Rex will make his return and face the team that went to consecutive AFC title games under him. Both teams are battling for the playoffs and if it started today, the Jets would be in as the five seed.
3. Seahawks host Cardinals on Sunday night– Maybe the bye week can do Seattle some good because they’ve been far from it. The defense isn’t the problem, it’s been the offense. The Cardinals have been sitting atop the NFC west all year long and to stay there, they have to beat the Seahawks.
4. Giants host New England– These two will forever be linked to each other. They shut down New England’s pursuit of perfection and defeated them in a Super Bowl again four years later. Now the Giants have another shot at taking down their undefeated streak.
5. Vikings face Oakland– This will be a battle of two teams who have play great football all season long. Minnesota has been very consistent and Teddy has played better than a lot of people have expected. The Raiders are relevant once again for the first time in so many years. Bridgwater and Carr will face each other for the first time in the NFL.