1. New England Patriots– This is their best start to open a season since 2007 and we all remember what happened that year, right? Their offense is simply clicking right now and everyone is making plays. Brady is my MVP so far, Gronk is Gronk, Edelman is their Wes Welker of some sorts and the hidden gem of this offense is Dion Lewis, a guy who can run it and is more effective catching it out of the backfield. I will say I’ve been impressed with their defense too. They may have lost some key guys but they’ve been getting the job done as of late. These next few games will be interesting for the Patriots as we hear more about a pursuit of perfection.
2. Green Bay Packers– When you talk about the Packers, Aaron Rodgers will always make the headlines as expected. With him in the line up, they have one of the best all-around offenses in football. The Packers defense has finally got it together as they’ve allowed a league best 16 points per game. With some guys down on offense, the defense has stepped up and I’ve always stated when they can get it together this can be a very scary football team and their record shows just that. They’ll be in the spotlight tonight as they face another undefeated team in Denver.
3. Cincinnati Bengals– I can’t wait to see what they do next after their bye week. They’ve been so impressive with wins over Seattle and going up to Buffalo, a tough environment and getting a win over the Bills. These final two months of the season will show who they really are and they have a tough test today against a Steelers team that’s had their number over the years. Andy Dalton has a career record of 7-9 against the Bengals next two opponents, the Steelers and the Cleveland Browns.
4. Carolina Panthers– Cam Newton is an MVP candidate. He has the Panthers sitting nicely at 6-0 with very little around him to work with. Yes, there is Greg Olsen but they have no type of threat on the outside at the receiver position and that’s no disrespect to Cotchery, Brown and Ted Ginn Jr. Their defense is showing why they are one of the best in the business yet again. Josh Norman has become a guy that everybody has been discussing and they play a physical brand of football that separates them from every other team. They could have an unbeaten match up with the Packers next Sunday if Green Bay is victorious in Denver tonight.
5. Denver Broncos– As my advisor said on Friday: Throughout his career, Peyton Manning has always carried a defense and now he’s getting the favor returned to him. The Broncos offense doesn’t scare anybody like it once did. Hopefully, the bye week did them some good and they corrected the mistakes they’ve made throughout the season. Their defense has been the backbone of this team. They pursue the football, Von Miller is healthy and they are very formidable in the secondary with Talib, Chris Harris,Jr and T.J. Ward. Once this offense gets it going, the sky is the limit for them.