1. Clemson Tigers– Last Monday night, I was asked who is the best team in the country right now as we speak? With no hesitation, I said it’s the Clemson Tigers. They are clicking on all cylinders and when people think they’re going to have a collapse and let us down, they pick up momentum and keep getting better and better by the week. Deshaun Watson has been a star this year and they will go as far as he takes them. We all saw what they did to Miami last Saturday demolishing them by 58 points. Swinney has them playing with a lot of confidence right now and the sky is the limit for this football team. They have a tough game today against NC State.
2. Ohio State Buckeyes– Last week was the best they’ve looked all season long. Barrett gave them a spark on offense and their defense made plays and held Rutgers to seven points. Despite their up and down play this year, they are still the team that everyone will have to beat to get to the top of the mountain. They will be without J.T. Barrett for their next game after he was driving while intoxicated. Urban has a very tough decision to make now. With this being the final month of the season, Ohio State needs to play their best football and when they do, they will be very scary to see down the stretch.
3. LSU Tigers– Les Miles has them rolling right now and they were on upset alert last Saturday against Western Kentucky then picked it up as the game went along. At 7-0, they are playing their best football in a very long time. The last few years, they’ve been up and down and this season, they have been consistent and Fournette has a lot to do with that. They’re off this week and the following week could easily determine the SEC West title. A battle with Alabama. The only thing stopping LSU is LSU themselves and that will be their biggest game of the season.
4. TCU Horned Frogs– I think their bye week came at a really good time because they’ll need to be completely healthy for this run down the stretch and they will definitely be in the thick of it in the Big-12 race. They breezed by West Virginia on Thursday and they next have a battle with Oklahoma State. They are still one of my four teams to make the college football playoff and they can only go up from here. I know they haven’t looked too sharp at times but at the end of the day, they win games and that’s all that matters.
5. Baylor Bears– I think we all thought they were going for 60 yet again last week but they were held to 42 points which seems low but they got the win and I know for a fact that’s all they care about. Baylor will unfortunately be without Seth Russell for who knows how long after he broke a bone in his neck. This could put a damper in their chances of winning the Big-12, you need to have your key players on the field at the most important times and he’s definitely one of them. The next man will have to step up for Art Briles’ team.