1. New England Patriots– They have the number one scoring offense in the NFL right now. This offensive attack is extremely similar to the 2007 offense which scored 182 points through the first five games. This unit has scored 183 so far and they average 36 points a game. This will be their toughest test against the Jets this afternoon.
2. Green Bay Packers– They are 6-0 for the first time since 2011 and they are still the best team in the NFC as we speak. The bye week couldn’t have come at a much better time for the Packers because of the injuries that have come down on their offense. Their defense has played very well and has come through and made a play or two when necessary. They’re off this week and they go to Denver next week for a battle of undefeated teams with the Broncos.
3. Cincinnati Bengals– What a start they’re off too. Something is different about them now because they’re finishing games and putting teams away. That win over Seattle two weeks ago gave them a lot of confidence and they feel they can beat anyone in the league no matter where it is. When the entire team is clicking, great things will happen and they’ve been considered to be the second best team in the AFC behind New England.
4. Carolina Panthers– What a win last week against a Seahawks team that’s given them problems over the last few seasons. They smacked Seattle in the mouth in the fourth quarter and drove the ball down the field to score the game-winning touchdown to remain undefeated. I remember saying I wasn’t too sold on them but this definitely opened my eyes. Big win for them and they are off to a 5-0 start.
5. Denver Broncos– This is now the one undefeated team that’s looked the worst and they were exposed last Sunday in Cleveland. As one of my radio associates said, if this defense shows one weakness, they will struggle because they’ve saved the Broncos and won games singlehandedly for them. Hopefully this bye week will give the Broncos a boost on offense. They need it.