1. Brady Has Big Game In Opener- He beat the NFL in the appeal of his suspension and I’ve seen a lot of him over the years. When he’s angry watch out and Thursday night, he was typical Tom Brady. When the lights shine, he’s at his best and that was no different. He threw four touchdown passes, three of those to his favorite target in Gronk. The Patriots revealed their championship banner and got the season started with a win over the Steelers.
2. Rams Upset Seahawks– The Rams have played the entire NFC West tough, especially the Seahawks and this was a grind it out type of game. Seattle needs Kam Chancellor. I saw a lot of confusion amongst the Seahawks defense today. Nick Foles will do just fine in St. Louis. He’s the type of passer that Jeff Fisher likes. This one went into overtime and the Rams prevailed. Huge win to start the season off.
3. Bills Shut Down Luck and Colts– The Colts enter the year with high expectations after a great offseason to added to their already stacked team. How they looked today they’d wouldn’t even make the playoffs if they started today. The Bills looked fantastic in Rex Ryan’s debut. They took away the Colts attempt at making a big play down the field and pressured Andrew Luck all day long. The Colts defense is extremely soft and they won’t get better unless they attempt to make some stops.
4. Michigan State Holds Off Oregon– Last year when they met in Eugene, Oregon got them. This year they met up in East Lansing and Sparty was at home this time and there’s nothing like being in the comforts of your own home. Michigan State controlled the tempo of the game and pressured Vernon Adams throughout the game. Huge win for one of the best teams in the country.
5. Mariota Shines In NFL Debut– It was one game that everyone had circled on their calendar. Jameis Winston and Marcus Mariota. Picks one and two in the draft this spring, the last two Heisman winners and they met in the inaugural game of the college football playoff. Marcus Mariota was close to perfect and showed everyone he can throw the ball standing tall from the pocket and not always depend on the legs to get down the field. Jameis Winston will endure some growing pains as a rookie. Great performance by Mariota.