1. Patriots Win Sixth Straight– Coming into this game, I stated New England was the best team in the NFL. Last night, they proved it. They always find a way to win a game by implementing someone new into the system. Jonas Gray ran the ball with power and the Patriots controlled the line of scrimmage and kept Andrew Luck in check for most of the night. What I was impressed with was their defense. They shut down T.Y. Hilton and no coach is better at taking away who you like to get the football too better than Bill Belichick. Think about it, after that loss in Kansas City, many wrote them off and said they were done. Now, they are closing in on the one seed in the AFC.
2. Rams Stun Broncos– This was something we definitely didn’t see coming. Don’t doubt the Rams at all. They’re a better team than their record shows. They beat Seattle this year and they beat the 49ers in San Francisco. Now they can add the Broncos to that list. They were so physical early on and they controlled the clock and kept Peyton on the sideline. This was the most I’ve seen the Broncos struggle offensively since the Super Bowl and Sanders and Julius Thomas left the game with injuries and those two are very big pieces to this offense.
3. Packers Score 50 In Consecutive Games– The Packers continue to dominate yet again. This offense is clicking in all phases. They’re running the ball and Rodgers is having the best year of his career and Jordy Nelson is shredding defenses apart. The defense is holding its own. Forcing fumbles, getting takeaways and putting points on the scoreboard. For the second straight week, the Packers put up 50 points. They are rolling right now and now sit atop their division with the Lions losing in Arizona.
4. Florida State Comes Back Yet Again– I’ve given them the nickname the comeback kids. They always come out the gates slowly, but they always find a way to come back, close out and win football games. I loved Miami’s approach. They ran the ball, attacked Florida State’s secondary and took away the Seminoles big play down the field. Then came the second half. Al Golden was way too conservative and Florida State used that to their advantage. Don’t ever count the champs out. They will always find a way to win football games.
5. Bama Hands Mississippi State First Defeat– It was the game of the week in country. Mississippi State was off to one of the best starts in school history and Alabama is always one of the best teams in college football. Alabama started early and never let their foot of the gas pedal. They hit Mississippi State in the mouth and Saban kept Dak Prescott in the pocket and didn’t let him beat them with his feet.
6. Cardinals Win Yet Again– The Arizona Cardinals continue to keep rolling. They became the first team in the NFL this season to nine wins. It doesn’t matter who’s out, they find a way to win football games nonetheless and you have to love a team like that. Peterson kept Megatron in check all game and the Cardinals defense continued its dominance yet again.