1. 49ers And Saints Meet In A Battle Of 4-4 Teams– The 49ers have to be one of the biggest surprises in the NFL so far and not in a good way. The defense is average at best and they’ve lost their physical touch. The Saints are clicking right now after two big wins in a row over Green Bay and Carolina. Both teams are in need of a win and these were two teams that everyone expected to be at the top of their divisions after eight games. This will be a very interesting one on Sunday in the Superdome.
2. Browns And Bengals Meet On Thursday Night– The Browns are playing in a football game with some meaning in it for the first time since 2007. Normally around this time, they’re just playing for pride. This year is different. Mike Pettine has them believing in themselves and they play with a lot of confidence. The Bengals are still the team to beat in this division by far. The battle of Ohio will actually mean something because when these two meet, one team is normally better than the other,
3. Ohio State Battles Michigan State– The Big Ten has been down this year. This is the marque game of the year in the conference. Many, myself included thought Ohio State would struggle without Braxton Miller under center because a guy like that is hard to replace. JT Barrett has become very comfortable in the system and has them in a very good position in their conference. Michigan State is one of the few remaining teams with one loss. A lot will be determined in this one. The winner will have more of a chance to be mentioned in the College Football Playoff conversation.
4. Dolphins And Lions Battle– The Lions are coming off the bye week in first place in the NFC North. The Dolphins are coming off a shut out of the San Diego Chargers who were at one time one of the hottest teams in football. They have two young quarterbacks trying to prove themselves and the Dolphins have a very physical defense. The Lions have the best defense in the entire league. You can say that this will be a nice collision course at Ford Field on Sunday.
5. Chiefs Travel To Buffalo– The Chiefs are back in the race after coming out the gates struggling. Jamaal Charles has done his usual and the offense will continue to go through him. The Bills are a team that I’m still trying to figure out. They are extremely thin at the running back position. Two 5-3 teams will battle in this one on Sunday afternoon at Ralph Wilson.