1. Broncos Host Chargers In Key AFC Showdown– The Chargers have always played Peyton tough. This even goes back to his days with the Colts. Peyton will enter this one fresh off of making history and becoming the all-time leader in touchdown passes. The Chargers were on a roll after their win against Seattle. They reeled off five straight wins before losing on Sunday to the Chiefs. Other than New England, the Chargers are the biggest challenge to the Broncos in the AFC. This is the Chargers first time playing Denver since their playoff meeting in January.
2. 5-1 Cardinals Host 5-1 Eagles– It’s a battle of the birds. The last time we saw the Eagles, Shady finally had the game we expected from him and the defense shut out the Giants. This was the most complete the Eagles have looked all season long. With Sproles coming back, this will open up the field for the Eagles. The Cardinals are off to a 5-1 start and they’ve done it behind a good running attack led by Andre Ellington and a good defense without their leader in Darnell Dockett. This should be a good one in the dessert on Sunday.
3. Brees And Rodgers Battle On Sunday Night– This one will be a shootout. I don’t see any type of defense being played in this one. Two hall of fame quarterbacks will battle it out in this one. The Packers are the second best team in the NFC behind the Cowboys. They’ve run the ball well, Jordy has played incredible football and Rodgers is playing at an MVP level. This is a statement game for a team in the Saints that many considered to be a serious title contender.
4. LSU Hosts Ole Miss– Ole Miss is one of my top four teams in the country right now. Bo Wallace should be mentioned in the Heisman conversation. He’s played great football this year. They’re a pretty complete team. They can score and their defense can prevent others from scoring as well. LSU is a quite 6-2. Les Miles is still one of the best head coaches in the country. This will be a very interesting battle and Ole Miss looks to continue its best start in school history.
5. Bengals Host Ravens In AFC North Showdown– This division is wide open right now. The Steelers are still in it, Cleveland is good, The Ravens are off to a good start then you also have the team who won the division last year and that’s the Bengals. Flacco has played well this year and Steve Smith has been solid all around for the Ravens. The Bengals would get that boost they need from having A.J. Green back.