1. Cowboys stun Seahawks in Seattle– This was the game of the week by far. A streaking Cowboys team against the defending champs. I stated throughout the week on air that the Cowboys had the necessary tools to go up to Seattle and beat the Seahawks. You run the ball and dominate up front. The Cowboys are the best running team in the league right now and they have an offensive line that’s extremely physical and the Seahawks haven’t seen an offensive line like what they say on Sunday. This is a huge win for the Dallas Cowboys.
2. Mississippi State defeats Auburn– The bulldogs already handed one undefeated team their first loss and they did it again. This is the best team in the country right now with the frontrunner to win the Heisman in Dak Prescott. Auburn needed to put pressure on Prescott and they had a very hard time doing just that. Mississippi State is now number one in the rankings for the first time in school history and they are the first team ever to start a season unranked and end up with the number one ranking in the poll.
3. Flacco has a career day– Joe Flacco has finally looked like the guy who stated he was the best quarterback in football and got a contract extension after winning a Super Bowl. This may have been the best I’ve ever seen Joe look. He simply had his way with the Buccaneers defense. He threw four touchdown passes in the first quarter, then threw another one in the second half to throw a career high, five touchdown passes. He didn’t play in the second half of the Ravens win in Tampa Bay.
4. Browns smack Steelers– The AFC North is the most competitive division in football right now. All four teams have looked good (at times). The Browns are playing with so much confidence right now under first year head coach Mike Pettine. They run the football. They are ranked third in the league in rushing. Hoyer is taking shots down the field and with a defensive minded head coach in Mike Pettine, they haven’t disappointed either. The Steelers are too inconsistent for my liking. Their defense is older and they need to get back to their identity which is running the football.
5. Rodgers uses trickery in Miami– Since Aaron told Packer fans to relax, they have won three games in a row. The Dolphins played Green Bay extremely tough. Never count #12 out and he did some trickery in a legend’s house. Dan Marino is known for that fake spike years ago. Aaron pulled that trick out to get his team further in the red zone and the next possession was a touchdown.