1. Auburn at Alabama– This rivalry came back better than ever after last year’s ending to a crazy game between these two. They are both top five teams in the country with two great head coaches. I think we can all say that this Iron Bowl meeting will be personal for the Tide after losing a heart breaker. I truly feel that if Bama had won this game, they would’ve been in the National Title game again last season. Auburn surprised us all in 2013. Under new head coach Gus Malzahn, they turned it around from a 3-9 season 12-2 and an appearance in the National Championship game. This game will determine a lot in Tuscaloosa in late November.
2. Michigan State at Oregon– What more could you ask for with this match-up? A very stingy Spartans defense will look to contain and keep the high-flying offense of Oregon off the field. These are two of the best teams in the country. Michigan State has some weapons on offense as well. This Oregon defense will have to come up with some answer to shut down Connor Cook and Jeremy Langford. All eyes will be on Marcus Mariota this season as he looks to bounce back from an injury riddled 2013 campaign. Eugene will be rocking for this one and that is one tough atmosphere to play in.
3. Notre Dame at Florida State– It’s a meeting of one of the most storied universities in the country against the defending National Champions. Everitt Golson will be back under center for the Fighting Irish after being suspended for academic violations in 2013. He will make a huge difference for this team. He has the ability to scramble in and out the pocket and make plays with his feet. Then we have the defending champions with their star quarterback. This will be the first time these two schools will battle since 2003. For Notre Dame to get back to where they feel they should be, it’s a game like this that they must win.
4. Oklahoma State at Oklahoma– There isn’t much that has to be said about this rivalry. When these two met last season, it was a very entertaining game. Oklahoma State took a late lead with a little less than 2:00 left on the clock. Then, the Oklahoma Sooners offense came to life when it mattered most. The old adage is true. It’s not how you start but how you finish. When these two battle this year, it’ll take place in December and so much will be on the line for both teams. A rivalry game? December? This will definitely be one to watch.
5. Alabama at LSU– This is always a game to be on the lookout for when the schedules are released. Nothing is under the radar about this rivalry. These teams don’t like each other and the fan-bases have a strong dislike for one another. Nick Saban once coached at LSU then took the Miami Dolphins job and after that he returned back to school and he’s done well with Bama, wouldn’t you say? Alabama has won the last three meetings in the series and LSU will enter this game with a big chip on its shoulder when this one rolls around on the schedule.