1. Russell Wilson– He’s gone from a third round pick to playing in the Super Bowl in his second season. Russell Wilson is a special player and will be for years to come. He isn’t the biggest guy standing a 5’11 but he has such excellent footwork to compliment his style of play. He can scramble and get extra yards and he can make a nice throw from the pocket. He’s definitely one of the key pieces for the NFC champs.
2. Marshawn Lynch– He’s a top five back in the game right now. Marshawn is a bruising back. It takes more than one guy to bring him down and he doesn’t have to use any type of move to get around you. If he wants to get by you, he will run through you. There isn’t much to hate about his game. He can get those extra yards and the effort to get more yards is what stands out to people. He keeps his legs churning even when he has multiple defenders trying to take him down. He’s the Seahawks best player and gives the entire team a spark.
3. Percy Harvin– If he could stay healthy, he could be one of the top players in the league. Percy Harvin can bring so much explosiveness to an offense because of his versatility. He can line up in the slot, in the backfield, run the wildcat if asked too and he can catch the ball and make plays. He’s been limited because of injuries but when he’s on the field, he can be an ex factor.
4. Golden Tate– When Sidney Rice was lost for the season with a torn ACL, we all wondered who would be the next receiver to step up. Golden Tate has been that guy. He’s made some big catches and he plays with a chip on his shoulder because not too many people thought he’d be that good coming out of Notre Dame. I like what he brings to the table for this Seahawks offense.
5. Richard Sherman– The man stated himself that he’s the best cornerback in football and the numbers don’t lie. He has twenty interceptions in the last three seasons. Richard talks the talk and walks the walk. He’s a bigger cornerback that shuts down an entire side of the football field. He forces quarterbacks to throw elsewhere. The outspoken player is one of the many key pieces on the number one ranked defense.
6. Michael Bennett– The secondary normally gets all the talk on the Seahawks defense but let’s take a look at the defensive line. Michael Bennett is one of the under-appreciated guys to play the position that is a defensive lineman. He’s physical, has a good first step, he can tackle and he gets after the passer which is an added. A defense is nothing without a good pass rush.
7. Earl Thomas– I’m such a big fan of this guy. Earl Thomas is the best safety in the National Football League right now. He does it all. He plays sideline to sideline, covers a lot of ground, limits any type of play over the middle of the football field, he can tackle in the open field and he can lay a hit on anybody. Richard Sherman has stated that Earl has the highest football IQ of anybody he’s ever played with.
8. Kam Chancellor– Another key piece to the Legion Of Boom. Kam Chancellor is a bigger safety at 6’3 but he plays smaller than he actually looks. He’s quick, explosive, can get to the ball carrier and can make plays for this stingy defense.