1. Patriots come back to beat Broncos– What a game this one was! It was definitely a tale of two halves. Denver was fired up on defense. They force three early Patriots turnovers and capitalized on all of them. The Broncos went into halftime up 24-0. Then came Brady and company as they scored 28 unanswered points to take the lead. Denver struck back with a touchdown of their own to send it into overtime. The Patriots won this game after a huge mistake by the Broncos on special teams.
2. Chiefs lose second straight game– After winning their first nine games in a row, they’ve dropped their last two games and I stated on air that these next few games wouldn’t be cake walks for the Chiefs. The Chargers have always played the Chiefs tough, especially in Kansas City and yesterday was no different. The Chargers got a huge win to save their playoff chances in the AFC.
3. Vikings and Packers end in tie– I’ve never been a fan of a game ending in a time. I never have been and I never will be. That was the case at Lambeau on Sunday. It was a great game all around considering everything that the Packers had to do to get back into this game. Matt Flynn really gave this team the spark it needed.
4. Cowboys beat Giants- This was a big NFC East showdown. The Giants entered this game winning four in a row and the Cowboys were looking to get back on track. The Giants struggled to contain this Cowboys offense. You simply don’t play Dez Bryant in single man to man coverage on the outside and the offense didn’t capitalize on opportunities given to them. The Giants came back to tie the game but Romo was clutch when he needed to be.
5. Baylor loses first game– Baylor has pretty much dominated every team in their presence this season. That simply wasn’t the case on Saturday night in Stillwater. You have to give Oklahoma State’s secondary so much credit. They were physical with the Baylor receivers and made them work to get open.