1. Lions and Bears square off in NFC North showdown– It’s a three-way tie in the black and blue division. This has definitely been the top division in football this year. The last time these two played, the Bears were handed their first loss and Reggie Bush ran all over them. Six weeks later, they battle with first place possibly on the line now.
2. Alabama and LSU battle– We always look forward to this game. Bama/LSU. They’ve had some instant classics over the years and Saturday night should be no different. It’s not the game of the week but a lot is still on the line here. With a win on Saturday night, the Tide will more than likely be back on their way to a third straight National Title appearance.
3. Oregon and Stanford battle on Thursday– What a game this will be. Both these teams are so different from one another. Oregon has that explosive offense that can strike at any minute. Stanford likes the control the line of scrimmage and play physical defense. The last time these two played, Stanford went up to Eugene and defeated Oregon erasing their hopes at an appearance in the title game. This game will determine a lot. Who’s the best in the Pac-12?
4. Colin Kaepernick and Cam Newton battle– The Panthers have played great football over the last few weeks. Cam is taking care of the football and their defense has been lights out as well. The 49ers have been on their own little winning streak as well. They’ve gone back to the basics. Running that football and playing good defense.
5. Saints host Cowboys on Sunday night– This will be one to watch. Both quarterbacks like to throw the ball and put points up on the scoreboard. This is a personal game for Saints defensive coordinator Rob Ryan. He was the Cowboys defensive coordinator last year and during the off-season he wasn’t retained for the position. He’s turned the Saints defense into one of the best units in the league.