1. Dolphins and Saints meet in a battle of unbeaten teams on Monday Night– I like this Dolphins team a lot. They move the ball down the field efficently and they play good defense along with being well coached and Joe Philbin has these guys playing with a lot of confidence, especially after coming off a huge win against an NFC powerhouse like the Falcons. What a difference having your head coach can make Sean Payton is back and the Saints are 3-0. Last year around this time they were 0-3 and struggling. The Saints defense has been the talk of the team. Normally it’s the offense but this defense is playing fast, aggressive and physical.
2. Patriots and Falcons meet in the ATL on Sunday Night– As Sunday’s game against the Bucs went on, I saw Brady getting more into a rhythm with these young receivers which is a great thing. Tom was more comfortable in the pocket and he had all day to throw. The Patriots are 3-0 for the first time since 2007 and I think we all remember what happened last time they started 3-0. The Falcons have many concerns right now. As an offense, they look good but can look a lot more sharp in some areas. Their defense is ghost come the fourth quarter and for them to win, they’ll need to come up with some big plays on defense to stop Brady.
3. Bears and Lions meet in Detroit– The Bears have made me a believer. They can score on both sides of the ball and we know what that defense is capable of doing. It’s the offense that has impressed me. From the way Jay has spread the football around, to pounding Forte and the offensive line has look fantastic. The Lions are an up and down team because you never know what to expect from them. It’s an early big time division showdown in Motown on Sunday.
4. Chargers host Cowboys– I’ve often compared these two teams to each other quite often. They both have high expectations and always seem to let people down or one minute they’ll show flashes of playing good football and the next minute they beat themselves to put their teams in a bad position. I expect some points to be put up in this one. The Cowboys are in first place in the NFC East and San Diego is looking to bounce back after a heartbreaking loss in Tennessee.
5. LSU and Georgia battle– LSU is off to a very fast start. Mettenberger is playing well and the whole team together has looked impressive. After a big win against an up and coming Auburn team, they’ll look to continue rolling against Georgia.